Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Iowa State University
- GPA: 3.70
- Relevant classes: Data Structures, Algorithms, Adv. Programming Techniques
Software Engineer (June 2015 - current)
IBM (Rochester, MN)
- Integrates InfoSphere Streams cloud service with other cloud services via REST.
- Drives improvements to the service and troubleshoots service outages.
- Generates tutorial articles to communicate new features to customers.
Software Engineer Intern (May 2014 - July 2014)
Garmin (Olathe, KS)
- Extended capability of a legacy C++ application to import 79 new map file types.
- Integrated an open source geospatial library into existing code.
- Collaborated with internal users to get feedback on usability and workflow.
- Devised and followed a Kanban workflow amidst unspecified methodologies.
Software Engineer Intern (May 2013 - October 2013)
Workiva (Ames, IA)
- Developed the Adobe Flex front end of a cloud-based platform in ActionScript 3.
- Engaged in effective agile development on a team practicing Kanban.
- Completed five development tickets during a two-week long architectural change.
- Quickly learned and mastered new development tools (ActionScript 3, Git, JIRA issue tracker, Bamboo build system, Charles web debugging proxy).
APIs: Google Web Toolkit, Google AppEngine, Android, iOS, OpenGL/GLUT, SDL
Development tools: Visual Studio, Xcode, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Git, Unix command line
Activities and Interests
Learning about and developing emerging technologies.
Open Courses: Stanford - iOS Coding Together, MIT - Computational Thinking
Clubs/Activities: Hackathons, ACM, Information Assurance Group